An apprenticeship helps you gain the necessary experience and training in a field that interests you while still making a living!
Here are ten reasons why apprenticeships are a great place to start your career:
- It’s a break from the standard. You learn practical, “hands-on” tangible training in a specific job role, practising the necessary qualifications in a natural environment – this is the kind of experience employers look for while recruiting new workers.
- Learn from others who are more experienced than you. As you graduate, you will have a lot of support from experienced people in your business and competent mentors from your apprenticeship training firm, who can help you gain the skills and experience you need to succeed.
- Find out what traits employers are searching for. Many apprenticeships, and therefore the skills, knowledge, and behaviours you gain, have been built in partnership with employers to be what employers desire and trust, offering you an advantage while applying for jobs in the future.
- There are several stages to suit your desires and priorities. Several different forms of apprenticeships open, including those for 16-year-old school leavers, college graduates, university graduates, and people who have been in the market for a long time. Apprenticeships are not only a fantastic way to begin a career, but they are also a great way to progress in your current role. Many businesses now use apprenticeships, which is a perfect way to hire and recruit workers.
- There are many career opportunities available. People still assume apprenticeships are only for specialised and practical professions like automotive mechanics or hairdressers. Apprenticeships are now accessible in almost every sector, from digital marketing to legislation, and new apprenticeships are being created regularly.
- Where possible, avoid taking out student loans. Many university students graduate with substantial loans. Your employer provides for your education and also pays you as an apprentice.
- Shape specialised networks. During your apprenticeship, you will probably see several people from your organisation and external suppliers and agencies. You’ll be in a great place to build professional relationships and networks to help you succeed in your current role and future career goals.
- Make an effort to stand out from the crowd. Apprenticeships are an excellent way to gain entrance into the company or field of your choice. If you do a good job and become a valued team member, you will be in a good position as permanent job opportunities occur.
- Learn transferable skills. As an apprentice, you can develop soft skills such as leadership, favourable negotiation, and problem-solving to help you throughout your profession and make you more confident.
- Take pride in your work. Apprenticeships are not only an excellent opportunity to learn about an industry and find a profession that you love, but they also enable you to meet new people and make new friends.
So, if apprenticeships sound like something you’d be interested in, get searching and find your perfect one!