An apprenticeship enables you to get the necessary skills and credentials in a field of interest while also earning a living!
Here are ten reasons why you should apply for an apprenticeship
1. It’s a change from the traditional classroom setting. Instead, you get actual, “hands-on” practical experience in a fundamental job role, gaining the necessary skills in a real-world environment – this is the kind of experience that employers look for when recruiting new workers.
2. Learn from those who are experienced. When you train, you will have a lot of support from experienced people in your business and from professional trainers from your apprenticeship training provider, who will help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
3. Learn the skills that companies are looking for. Therefore, many apprenticeships, and consequently the skills, knowledge, and behaviours you gain, have been created in cooperation with companies to be what employers want and value, providing you with an advantage when searching for work in the future.
4. There are several levels to meet your requirements and objectives. Apprenticeships are offered at many levels, including those for 16-year-old school leavers, college graduates, university graduates, and people who have been in the industry for many years. Apprenticeships are a fantastic opportunity to start a profession and grow in your present job. Many businesses are investing in apprenticeships because they see it as a great way to recruit and retain workers.
5. There are many employment opportunities available. However, many think apprenticeships are just for technical and practical occupations like car mechanics or hairdressers. However, apprenticeships are now accessible in virtually every sector, from digital marketing to law, and new apprenticeships are being established regularly.
6. Avoid incurring student debt. Many university students graduate with large amounts of debt. As an apprentice, your business pays for your training and provides you with a wage.
7. Make professional connections. Throughout your apprenticeship, you will undoubtedly meet numerous people from your business and external suppliers and organisations. As a result, you’ll be in a great position to build professional contacts and networks that will help you succeed in your present employment as well as your long-term career objectives.
8. Make an effort to stand out from the start. Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to get experience in a company or sector in which you want to work. If you do a great job and become a valued team member, you will be in a strong position when permanent career opportunities emerge.
9. Acquire transferrable talents. As an apprentice, you will learn softer skills, such as collaboration, effective communication, and problem-solving, that will help you throughout your career and make you more confident.
10. Take joy in your work. Apprenticeships are not only a great way to learn about an industry and find a career that you like, but they also allow you to meet new people and make new friends.