On a supply chain operator apprenticeship course, you’ll help manage the movement of goods across all sectors and distances for a range of customers.
Apprentices who finish this entry-level apprenticeship will be equipped with the knowledge and abilities necessary to handle goods transportation.
As a supply chain operator, you’ll be required to work in shifts and on weekends, and the nature of the employment may need you to travel internationally.
Operators will learn how to pack/unpack and transport residential, office, and other furniture, commodities, and equipment into and out of new places and how to store and prepare for travel.
You’ll be passionate about surpassing their expectations since all apprentices will engage with a diverse group of people.
What you’ll learn
On a supply chain operator apprenticeship course, you’ll learn to:
- Create good relationships with customers/colleagues; promote the organisation’s principles in all of their work; recognise and appropriately respond to or expose hazards to their organisation’s reputation.
- Interact successfully with clients and coworkers in line with organisational standards (using a range of relevant media such as face to face, telephone, email, etc.).
- Demonstrate safe manual and equipment-assisted movement and handling of various goods; move and handle items safely as individuals and as part of a team.
- Work well as part of a team; support and assist colleagues in achieving their goals or desires.
- Examine, update, and implement modifications to one’s working method; accept and act on ideas favourably where applicable.
- Recognise the importance of change and the need to adapt to new technology.
You’ll usually need:
- Depending on the employer, but likely GCSEs or equivalent qualifications or relevant experience.
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level before taking the end-point assessment.
The End Point Assessment consists of two distinct assessment methods:
- Knowledge and Behaviours Test
- Practical Assessment
Duration and level
- Duration: 12 months
Level: 2 – Intermediate Apprenticeship
More information about the Level 2 Supply Chain Operator Apprenticeship standard can be found here.
Apprenticeship end point assessment
For more information about the End Point Assessment Process, please read the Institute of Apprenticeships’ information page.