On a financial services administrator apprenticeship course, you’ll help provide high-quality and compliant administrative support to a financial organisation.
The financial services administrator works in the financial advising industry, assisting businesses with technology, compliance, technical, and consulting support.
You will provide general administrative support to the office, such as filing, scanning, photocopying; mailing and franking; payment processing; answering the phone; and taking notes. You may also maintain customer records with the help of connected IT solutions.
The financial services administrator apprenticeship is a great place to begin a career in the financial services sector, with development pathways leading to many jobs needing full professional qualifications.
This apprenticeship is the first step toward becoming a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, IFS University College (Institute of Financial Services), or the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment.
What you’ll learn
On a financial services administrator apprenticeship course, you’ll learn to:
- Deliver exceptional service to customers, colleagues, and advisors while supporting the products/services provided and adhering to the ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ principles at all times.
- Develop relationships with customers and key contacts by successfully managing and resolving issues via verbal/written/IT skills.
- Understand your role on the team and how it impacts others.
- Consistently try to help colleagues and collaborate to achieve goals.
- Analyse and plan effectively to generate good outcomes for the business.
- Utilise professional IT skills to ensure system and process compliance, including risk, regulatory, and governance requirements.
You’ll usually need:
- Five GCSEs, including English and maths, or equivalent qualifications.
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment.
The End Point Assessment comprises three distinct assessment methods:
- A work-based project
- A portfolio
- A panel interview
Restrictions and requirements
You’ll need to:
Duration and level
- Duration: 12 months
Level: 3 – Advanced Apprenticeship
More information about the Level 3 Financial Services Administrator Apprenticeship standard can be found here.
Apprenticeship end point assessment
For more information about the End Point Assessment Process, please read the Institute of Apprenticeships’ information page.