On a digital marketer apprenticeship course, you’ll use online and social media platforms to design, build and implement campaigns and drive customer sales.
A digital marketer creates, develops, and executes digital campaigns to increase customer acquisition, engagement, and retention across online and social media platforms.
As an apprentice digital marketer, you will work as part of a team and be in charge of some of the most fundamental elements of a larger marketing plan or campaign.
You’ll follow marketing briefs and instructions and report to a digital marketing manager, marketing manager, or IT manager.
It is necessary to study and understand search marketing, search engine optimisation, email marketing, online analytics and metrics, mobile apps, and pay-per-click advertising and have good written and verbal communication skills.
This apprenticeship qualifies you for entry into the IT technician registration. After finishing the course, you will be eligible to apply for registration.
What you’ll learn
On a digital marketer apprenticeship course, you’ll learn to:
- Demonstrate strong written communication abilities for a wide range of audiences and digital media and communication sensitivity.
- Analyse and disseminate data on the digital environment to inform short and long-term digital communications strategies and campaigns.
- Investigate, monitor, and analyse online behaviour to provide recommendations and give insights to others.
- Utilises the internet and social media platforms to respond to queries as soon as possible.
- Employs structured problem-solving techniques and analyses and resolves issues across various digital platforms.
- Utilise appropriate digital technologies to understand and create basic analytical dashboards.
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns across a variety of digital media platforms.
You’ll usually need:
- GCSEs, A-levels, a level 2 apprenticeship, other relevant qualifications, relevant experience, and/or an aptitude test focused on functional maths. Also, a proven passion for digital and social media.
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment.
The End Point Assessment comprises three distinct assessment methods:
- A structured interview with an assessor
Duration and level
- Duration: 18 months
Level: 3 – Advanced Apprenticeship
More information about the Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship standard can be found here.
Apprenticeship end point assessment
For more information about the End Point Assessment Process, please read the Institute of Apprenticeships’ information page.